Start your career with FCC and become part of our global team of passionate waste industry professionals
The driver position is responsible for safely operating a commercial motor vehicle and providing prompt and complete collection services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes a pre/post-operation check of a commercial vehicle in line with FCC regulations to verify tire pressure, fluid levels, safety devices, gauges, and other components are in correct operating condition.
- Ensure commercial vehicles are safely operated on allocated routes that encompass roads, residential neighborhoods, and alleys.
- Ability to manually and/or automate controls and joystick equipment in compliance with the FCC's safety regulations and procedures.
- Engage courteously with co-workers, dispatchers, and customers to ensure that all services are performed in a timely and professional way.
- Continuously monitors the vehicle's status to ensure it remains operationally ready in order to reduce downtime.
- Completes necessary paperwork and other reports accurately.
- Maintains departmental productivity standards to ensure all clients are serviced in a timely and effective way.
- Follows and enforces all safety regulations and procedures.
- High School diploma or GED
Experience and Competencies:
- Class A commercial driver’s license
- Two years of prior tractor trailer, tanker or semi dump experience a plus
- Ability to lift or carry heavy objects as necessary
- Must meet all qualifications as defined under Department of Transportation regulations
- Clearinghouse profile required
- FCC is a drug-free workplace. Substance abuse guidelines are in place. Substance abuse testing is a requirement for both the initial on-boarding procedure and random testing for continued employment.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Disability
FCC Environmental Services, LLC operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best waste management professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
FCC Environmental Services, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity work place employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.